Dogs in Brazil Our Work

Dogs In Brazil

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Last Days

Mom and Dad had a conversation this morning and I heard them saying they cannot be homeless with 17 dogs. They have agreed to start trying to find homes for as many of us as possible. They are starting with Freddy because he is the most normal and he is young. He has already passed two homes the next will be his third. Mom cried but agreed in the end. We paid the one month of the two month debt but by then another one was due by the time we paid. They now have four or five unpaid bills one being three months of internet service, so things are more than bleak. Dad says we must act now to find a way to give us all away. I am in despair I don't want to leave my family. It's not fair I want to bite life because it sucks. I love my mom and dad. Nobody will take Misty.  She is too mad and won't let anyone except mom and dad touch her. Why is life so cruel. They took us in, spent all their money on us and now look what happened. Over ten years mom reckons they have spent over $200,000 on dogs. Now they can't even raise $1000 on the chip in.  Nobody rich or famous gives a damn. They have even suggested to people to buy our house and let us live here so we  can live out our lives in peace, therefore they would one day get their money back. I hate all this. Dad was actually hoping it would be the end of the world on the 21st May because he is so fed up and sad.   There are serious problems here and no visible solutions. I am going to my sofa to cry I am too sad to talk to anyone any more. Life stinks! Mom is broken hearted. The future doesn't exist. So many old and traumatiuzed dogs here mom can't take the constant worry every month gets worse. She stopped believing in the miracle and justs cries we are her family. I don't know what to do anymore!
Who will take an old dog needing vet care who spent years on the streets who will take Tasha incintinent and a killer of other dogs, Pluto and Gracie who have been together virtually their whole lives. Nicki crippled and old lost her family and now again will lose another family. It is worse for us in the house. Jessie problems with walking and sleeps in the warm. Pebbles sleeps in mom's bed. Guga sleeps by the bed. Misty sleeps under the bed. When dad lost the bakery mom said we could raise the money to pay off the mortgage because it wasn't that much by  first world standards. Some of the rich and famous probably spend more than that in restaurants per month but they are the least caring . We thank all the ordinary people who  have tried with their generous hearts to help us, but we just can't make it. Since the Twitter challenge we have received $23 only. I can't beleive this is happening.

5 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I so wish we could do more -

This post breaks our hearts -

If we had more $ we would have sent more during the challenge but -

Somehow life is so never fair to the good hearted pets and peoples -

The world is full of cruel ones and yet the good ones suffer -

We'll be keeping all of you in our hearts and heads -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Khompany in PA USA

Jans Funny Farm said...

We are so sad. This just breaks our hearts!

georgia little pea said...

I think I must have missed a few posts in the last month.

I'm so sorry to hear it's come to this. I read your story [guest post] on another blog, of how you came to Brazil for a life by the beach, and ended up looking after homeless dogs. It's the kind of life that you might want to write about. You obviously have so many wonderful, inspiring, sad and happy stories to share.


Eu espero que voce pode achar novas casas para a sua família. E muito triste :( Abracos para todo xox

Maria M. said...

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Do you have a Facebook fan page? I know many animal rescuers and advocates on Facebook that might want to chip in or donate supplies. If you have a Facebook page post a link and I'll share it with others. It might be worth a shot to start a fan page if you don't have one already.

chandra said...

I don't have words for how sorry I am that you are faced with this decision. Please know that if I could help in a significant way I would do so in a second.

The one thing that you can always be sure of, Emmy, is how much Mom and Dad love you and always will love you, no matter what.

-Auntie Chandra at Daley's Dog Years